Thursday, April 8, 2010

What it's like for a boy to lose his favorite team...

My sister Amy messaged me on fbook: So I told G. (this is Braytrayn's nephew) that you love B-ball and he asked what team. I didn`t know what to say since you lost your Sonics. He told me to ask you.
I responded as best I knew how:

i'm only a sonics fan!! FOREVER!!-- there are a lot of players i like and teams i prefer to win over others, but i really cant sit down and watch a game like i used to, the nba is slowly becoming more and more irrelevant to me... it's like if you were a black belt in karate- had kung-fu posters up all over your room, spent hours in training... and ... and then, for no reason at all (so they can be ground up into dog food), you have both arms and both legs amputated... for a while you might believe that karate is still one of your favorite hobbies or interests.. but, after a while... your head starts to itch, and you got no arms to scratch... you look down at your legs and you got no legs!! what is karate now? kinda irrelevant... so you woddle over to the bathtub, turn the water on w/ your teeth and when it's filled to the brim... you tilt that huge, unbalanced head of yours over the bathwater.. and slowly wait for natural laws (gravity) to seal your fate... there's a splash, and you drown, your little nubs flailing like lightning... but you drown. Hope that helps.

1 comment:

  1. No one can say that Braytrayn doesn't have passion!

    ReplyDelete